Android Industries is currently searching for a Controls Engineer at our corporate headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI. The ideal candidate must have working knowledge of automated assembly systems, a good understanding of the basic theory of industrial control systems applications, design, and operation including concepts of power distribution. He or she must be capable of performing manufacturing engineering functions such as tooling, process and layout design, quality engineering, ergonomics, and safety. The Controls Engineer is required to work in a team environment at the corporate level supporting all Android plants and new programs. Travel up to 50% may be required.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Must have a working knowledge of automated assembly systems, a good understanding of the basic theory of industrial control systems applications, design, and operation including concepts of power distribution.
- Capable of performing the following manufacturing engineering functions: Tooling, process & layout design; quality engineering, ergonomics and safety.
- Ability to troubleshoot and program machine controls (Siemens – Step 7, Allen Bradley – Ladder Logic)
- Strong project management skills – able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Personal skills include ability to work well with others, team spirit, flexibility with personal schedule to meet deadlines and support business travel.
- Microsoft Office tools experience required.
- Experience with Phoenix PC Works, Inderbus, Devicenet, RS View, Control Logix.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4 year technical degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 7 years of experience and demonstrated success as a Manufacturing/Controls Engineer in an Automotive Manufacturing or Assembly facility.
- Experience in training others.
- AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- Plant startup experience desired.
- Integrity – adhering to high ethical principles and professional standards.
- Trustworthiness – Being honest, dependable and earning the confidence of others.
- The Will to Win – being tenaciously driven to accomplish stated objectives.
- Excellence – consistently being the best you can be.
- Responsible – being reliable and trustworthy.
- Accountability – being obligated and willing to accept responsibility for one’s actions.
- Dignity – behaving in accord with Android’s Basic Principles.
- Respect – treating others as you would have them treat you.
Android advocates full equal employment opportunity for all people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as covered veterans in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Android complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.