The successful individual will become member of the corporate Engineering Team. This is a career level position with tremendous responsibility, that will provide great personal satisfaction for the mature individual that likes to work hard, functions well in a team environment and enjoys spending time observing, analyzing, questioning, discussing, teaching and leading others in order to continually improve operational performance. We are seeking a seasoned manager that has gained considerable working knowledge in an automotive manufacturing and assembly tooling system.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Responsibility for tooling and equipment programs, including concept, design, build, and launch activities
- Support commercial activities regarding process concept, tooling / equipment costing, and customer technical reviews
- Track, monitor, and report all tooling build programs
- Play an active role in performing all aspects of the program launch with respect to all tooling and equipment
- Developing, monitoring and achieving the operation’s annual goals through its ongoing continuous improvement activities
- Providing leadership to the local team members with respect to machine design, machine build and controls systems
- Develop suppliers and vendors to support Android’s world class expectation
- Performing and providing leadership for typical manufacturing engineering functions including process design, layout design, facilitate Kaizen activities, quality support, ergonomics and safety.
- Practical experience performing program management tasks and effectively manages all aspects of the program launch. (APQP, PFMEA, control plans, plant layout, tooling & equipment design, development & implementation, facility deployment, etc.).
- Technically competent in a wide variety of engineering areas.
- High degree of organization skills in a highly complex environment.
- Technical confidence with IT and controls systems, capable of troubleshooting IT and controls related operation issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 4-year technical degree in Engineering
- 10 years of experience in tooling design and build
- 5 years of experience and demonstrated success as a Tooling Engineer
- 2D / 3D Design knowledge and proficiency, SolidWorks and AutoCAD preferred. Concept, design, layout, detail and check experience required
- Demonstrated program management tracking and planning experience
- Demonstrated controls engineering design and implementation experience and leadership required
Android advocates full equal employment opportunity for all people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as covered veterans in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Android complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.